Check list relocation removal notes. We all need one. Forgetful, chaotic, or just plain preoccupied? Everyone can use a helpful list when it comes to moving home. Crown Relocations, developed this one from over fifty years of experience. Though you’ll want to add something, it’s a good place to start.
Check list relocation removal notes
Have you notified the following of your change in address?
- Post Office (for mail redirection)
- Financial institutions (to transfer and close accounts)
- Electoral registrar
- Taxation Department
- Leasing company
- The Insurance Company (to transfer or stop household insurance)
- Life insurance company
- Car insurance company
- Health insurance company
- School principal (to receive a letter of the status of your children in school).
- Shops and stores where you have charge accounts
- Relatives, friends and regular correspondents
- Club memberships
- Publications you subscribe to
- Doctor (s) and dentist (to get copies of your records)
- Your lawyer
- place of worship.
Have you discontinued these services?
- Cable / satellite / Internet television service
- Newspaper / publication delivery
- Internet service provider
- Defrost your refrigerator / freezer and drain all water hoses
- Disconnect your washing machine and drain water
- Check with manufacturer to ensure all major appliances are in good repair for moving
- Empty all gas cylinders.
- Arrange for electricity and gas companies to disconnect any fittings from the supply
- Dispose of items you do not wish to take with you
- Return books, videos, etc.
- Removed your own fixtures and fittings from walls
- Put important items such as passports and tickets in your personal luggage. Make sure they are not by accident packed
- Arrange for someone to look after your children on the packing days (this can be a stressful time for them)
- Wash any items that may be of interest to quarantine. (i. e. mowers, garden tools, golf equipment, bicycles, etc.)
Dangerous Goods Check list
The following classified goods are dangerous items. They are not acceptable for package.
- Check list Removal Relocation Notes
- New or used cans of paint
- Linseed oil
- Bleach products
- Gas cylinders, turpentine (unless emptied)
- Cleaning fluids
- Aerosols (any kinds)
- Vegetable oils
- Chemical sets.
A few check list don’ts:
- Don’t forget to detail any high value items. (Antiques, furs, paintings) in your transit protection declaration. A separate valued list will be acceptable.
- Don’t put breakables in drawers
- Don’t put liquid in drawers (sauce bottles, perfumes, etc.)
- Don’t overload furniture with too many items (in drawers)
- Don’t store perishable foods, such as cereals, flours, etc.
- Don’t polish your furniture before your move. Polishing surfaces can cause furniture to condensate when wrapped
- Don’t store or transport jewellery, money, legal documents, taxation papers, insurance policies. Or other high value / irreplaceable articles (keep these items with you)
- Check your home for any belongings the packing crew may have missed—before they leave.
One last look around…
- Anything left behind in the attic, garden, garage or basement?
- No clothes at the dry cleaners, shoes at shoe repair shops. Sporting goods in lockers at clubs / schools?
- Are the water heater, main power and gas connections turned off?
- If possible, turn off air conditioners. Use them only when necessary during the packing.
- Furniture kept in a cooled climate, may condensate when exposed to hot air.
- Allowing your furniture to adapt to the warm air. Can be helpful, by eliminating moisture problems during transit.
- Pack your suitcases and move them together with your valuables, passports, and tickets. To a safe place such as with a trusted neighbour’s. This will prevent them from being packed with your goods.
- Put your personal telephone and address book with your carry on luggage for the flight. You may want to get in touch with people later.
- Dispose of all remaining flammables, dangerous, or hazardous.
- Throw or give away bottles of nail polish, and liquids in glass bottles.
- Are your windows and doors locked? Old house keys surrendered?
Courtesy of: Crown Relocations
Check list relocation removal notes
Also read about ☟